Why is Admiral Raddus a matching pilot for Rogue One?

SWCCG game play discussion.
Jedicon
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Why is Admiral Raddus a matching pilot for Rogue One?

Post by Jedicon »

I understand what the matching ships rule says...but shouldn't there be a special exception for common sense? He never went inside the ship...this would be the equivalent of Admiral Ackbar being a matching pilot for Tydirium.

I'm sure this was discussed during design/playtesting, but I'm having a hard time seeing the logic.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Re: Why is Admiral Raddus a matching pilot for Rogue One?

Post by Hayes »

viewtopic.php?p=1226683& ... 5#p1226683

I mean, the rules are what they are. He meets the criteria for matching. Might not be thematic, per se, but certainly isn't game breaking.

tomtom
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: tom

Post by tomtom »

Why is Scarif, an actual Imperial base, currently one of the strongest rebel strongholds in the game? With Saw just chilling as a member of the rebellion AND a resistance that won't exist for several decades despite his aptitude for being all "meh" on escaping incineration on Jedha? All while holding some data tapes that'll often cause comparable damage (if not more) than the damage caused by the actual destruction of the Death Star?

(I think Raddus being a matching pilot for Rogue One is actually pretty sweet. It's the only ship with capacity for multiple pilots and passengers that can be pulled by Squadron Assignments (V) and he's a way, way more useful pilot than Bodhi).
I AM THE "GEMP WARRIOR!"

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Hayes wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:38 am
viewtopic.php?p=1226683&#p1226683

I mean, the rules are what they are. He meets the criteria for matching.
Sure, they are what they are, and he meets the criteria for matching... but he also meets for Rogue Squadron pilot, yet they made an exception so he is not.

From your link:
While this character is considered to be a matching pilot for Rogue One, he is not considered to be a Rogue Squadron pilot based on game text alone. This is a specific exception to the Squadron Designation rules.
They could have just as easily wrote:
This character is not considered to be a matching pilot for Rogue One, nor a Rogue Squadron pilot. This is a specific exception to the Matching Starfighter Rules and the Squadron Designation rules.

Jedicon
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Jedicon »

arebelspy wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 11:03 pm
Hayes wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:38 am
viewtopic.php?p=1226683&#p1226683

I mean, the rules are what they are. He meets the criteria for matching.
Sure, they are what they are, and he meets the criteria for matching... but he also meets for Rogue Squadron pilot, yet they made an exception so he is not.

From your link:
While this character is considered to be a matching pilot for Rogue One, he is not considered to be a Rogue Squadron pilot based on game text alone. This is a specific exception to the Squadron Designation rules.
They could have just as easily wrote:
This character is not considered to be a matching pilot for Rogue One, nor a Rogue Squadron pilot. This is a specific exception to the Matching Starfighter Rules and the Squadron Designation rules.
Your post reflects my thoughts perfectly.

stubbly
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by stubbly »

tomtom wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 8:50 am
Why is Scarif, an actual Imperial base, currently one of the strongest rebel strongholds in the game? With Saw just chilling as a member of the rebellion AND a resistance that won't exist for several decades despite his aptitude for being all "meh" on escaping incineration on Jedha? All while holding some data tapes that'll often cause comparable damage (if not more) than the damage caused by the actual destruction of the Death Star?

(I think Raddus being a matching pilot for Rogue One is actually pretty sweet. It's the only ship with capacity for multiple pilots and passengers that can be pulled by Squadron Assignments (V) and he's a way, way more useful pilot than Bodhi).
Saw’s greatness will not be contained by your canon!

TheLuhks
GEMP Username: Luhks

Post by TheLuhks »

Does anyone know if Hondo is a matching pilot for Slave I?
FINN: I need a weapon.

Echo Base Trooper
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: echobstrpr

Post by Echo Base Trooper »

TheLuhks wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 1:45 pm
Does anyone know if Hondo is a matching pilot for Slave I?
AR 9-25 wrote:A matching pair is formed if:
• Both cards are unique, and
• One refers to the other in its title or game text (by
card title or persona).
So yes, Hondo would be a matching pilot for Slave I.
Adam Fletcher
Lead Proofer

Return to “General Discussion”