Light Side Alien Leaders - WHAT GIVES?

SWCCG game play discussion.
Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Light Side Alien Leaders - WHAT GIVES?

Post by Solidsnack3 »

I was looking at a rules question for Max Rebo on him being a leader and then I thought..

There are around 12 cards that interact with dark side alien leaders and a whopping.... 0? for light side (unless you count the light side audience chamber which actually boosts dark side alien leaders!)?

Obviously things like stunning leader and blast the door kid work with any leader, but I find it curious there isn't much interaction with those on the light side. Dark has quite a few more alien leaders that are playable, but part of that is also the interaction these other cards provide.

Just an observation, looks like neither (especially) Decipher or the PC expanded much on the light side here and it's an area that might be fun if there was more to help? I think the alien decks on the light side in general could use a boost.

Anyways just a random thought I had and maybe others want to chime in with opinions and such, but found it really curious.

-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Re: Light Side Alien Leaders - WHAT GIVES?

Post by rsersen »

I was fully in favor of this until I looked and saw that there are 3 different Gungan leaders (and one of them is non-unique).

Hard pass.

Seriously though, it seems like a fun area to explore. Especially when we start designing more Solo/Mandalorian cards, which presumably would result in more LS aliens and hopefully boost those platforms.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

TechTerror
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

It makes sense that we don't have more alien leader components because Decipher completely based this off of the movies and the PC is somewhat following suit. So what alien leader events happened in episodes 4-6, and 1? Yup Ryan nailed it: Boss Bass, Captain Tarpals, Gungans.

Then the only alien leader in episodes 7-8 is Maz Kanata. It would be at least cool to get a Chevin or Ephant Mon mirror since Maz is essentially a Proxima mirror (sort of). Then a Jabba's Space Cruiser v mirror would be the most useful for LS or a Jabba's Twerps mirror.
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

Solidsnack3
GEMP Username: Solidsnck

Post by Solidsnack3 »

I don't particularly play a lot of the platforms, just find it super interesting since there are many Alien based objectives (AITC, QMC, even WYS to some extent) and aliens obviously find their way into quite a few decks and leaders have zero card help. Heck, Soth Petikkin doesn't even pull alien leaders.

There are obviously many mechanics that were not chosen to pursue (tax collectors), but this one I find super curious since many alien leaders feature in alien decks and because there are quite a few cards that interact on the dark side. There doesn't need to be an exact mirrior, but a total lack of card interaction on the light side is.. weird to me I guess :D

Appreciate the feedback on this :)
-Solidsnack3
Gemp: Solidsnck

"Yeah. I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."

alex-1
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by alex-1 »

Max Rebo was the worst leader of all time. He should not get rewarded for his deal with Jabba. I can see the need for some more Lando-Love in QMC though

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

I’d like to see skill keywords in general get some support - info broker, tax collector, etc are in the game but barely (or not at all) referenced.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

Return to “General Discussion”