Shadow Collective

Post deck lists for discussion & review here.
Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Shadow Collective

Post by Mando »

How are you thinking of building this deck? Crimson Dawn Blasters, Inconsequential Losses and You'll Be Dead? Or EPP’s (Aurra and Dengar)? Or some other way? I’m excited about this deck and it’s new mechanics!

TechTerror
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Re: Shadow Collective

Post by TechTerror »

The blasters seem so excellent. Especially getting to pull them and cycle them with inconsequential losses. Predicting that Chokk will see lots more play (Hutt in lore character). At least one Chokk in a deck if not more. A few Chokks, a few Hylobon enforcers, a few Jabba's Twerps, and as many alien leaders qualify for the objective. A Jabba's Through With You if it fits.

Then could you use quietly observing v to get two other aliens of your choice (since they become assassins)?

If so I could see a SSA v start with QOv, Inconsequential losses, and YBD. Don't know what the best other site to pull is, but Wattos Junkyard comes to mind because Watto has Hutt in lore and he could slow down LS from coming at you as fast potentially.
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

TechTerror
GEMP Username: TechTerror

Post by TechTerror »

Wow just realized Dr.E/PB combo has Hutt in lore. Maybe you don't even need QOv
Paul Coggins
GEMP username: TechTerror

lord bane
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by lord bane »

SSA(v) start definitely makes the most sense but which site should you deploy?

Tatooine : Watto’s Junkyard (mentioned before)
Tatooine : Mos Eisley (power boost for characters)
Endor : Ancient forest (cheap alien deploy to go at hitco)

Or maybe go with a coruscant site?

So many choices, so interested to see what everyone comes up with.

Berm
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Berm »

Watto's Junkyard converts LS watto's junkyard in the Hyperdrive matchup, which may be important, but I doubt hyperdrive becomes good enough with just the new Qui Gon.

You can pull 3 "First Light" sites, so you likely don't want to also setup at the site you pull for SSA (v). I'd want to run a site like Cloud City West Gallery that's drain -1 at least and has some slightly useful text for your blasters if opponent plays cloud city.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

I am loving these thoughts!

I am definitely thinking a Slip Sliding Away v start. Initially contemplating Security Precautions v, Inconsequential Losses and You'll Be Dead!

Should SSAv pull one of the First Light sites? The one that downloads Margo? Move her to the other one and then you get +2 activation? (That gives you 11 activation with just Maul's Hut and the First Light sites and Margo. But Watto's Junkyard or the drain -1 Cloud City site seem good too.

Dr. E will be good in the deck. And Chokk will rock. Boba Fett v also has Hutt in lore. But don't forget about this Black Sun agent...
Spoiler
Show
image.png
image.png (114.56 KiB) Viewed 483 times
image.png
image.png (114.56 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Questions I'm pondering:
-How do you protect your guys from getting sliced up by lightsabers? (Asajj with Sabers and Lightsaber Parry?)
-How many blasters should the deck run? (They have a low destiny and are pullable)
-Should you look at the Naboo blaster instead? (destiny 5 vs. destiny 3)
-Is Quietly Observing v worth a starting slot? (Maybe Mara Jade with Saber...?)
-Can the deck hang with Light Side mains? (How do you shoot a Jedi Master? You need a 6 with +1 from the blaster and +1 from Maul)
-Jabba's Through With You is great...but only works with Bounty Hunters...not gangsters. Is it worth it?
-Pinned Down looks like a fun choice considering all the evasion LS might start packing because the Firepower shield was blanked. Is it too niche?

Keep the thoughts rolling! I love where this is going.

Therion
DS Region: Bespin
DS Region: Bespin

Post by Therion »

Just some poorly organized thoughts, because there's a lot going on with this objective:

SSA(v) is almost certainly the way to go, but AMN is an interesting option - passing turn 1 at 6/0 isn't terrible, and a lot of your guys are cheap. No effects though, and I think this deck should probably run Inconsequential Losses.

It's possible to download Maul to the twix and use TWBNMFY(v) to both get his stick and relocate him to the same site as a Jedi. If they don't run Jedi you could just put him to the Study and move to one of the 2/1s with a saber. TPM isn't out of the question either, but the 4 power is pretty lousy. Is Maul better off waiting out the game as a beatdown-vulnerable effect on Dathomir (Ezra isn't unheard of), or should you try and get him to battlegrounds?

Quietly Observing(v) gets you EPP Mara, and the objective doesn't actually require you to hit with a blaster. In that same vein, Hidden Weapons definitely looks profitable here (Jango and Kast, and Boba(v)). The real question is who else you'd want to add with it. All the Black Sun Agents you'd be packing would definitely encourage a Xizor's Bounty if you do go the QOv route. The issue of course, is that an overwhelming majority of cards that come to mind when you say "strong dark Aliens" already fit under the Crimson Dawn umbrella one way or another. Maybe Thrawn or Greedo?

You don't get the extra bd from A Lawless Time and you can't flip your objective with it, but you can download Stun Blasters with the objective and have plenty of opportunities for big destinies with Kast and Chokk. Throw in Defensive Fire(v) and you've got a stew going. If you have trouble hitting Jedi, there's always YCHF or the combo. Destiny numbers on the blasters aren't very important since you can download them with the objective (and probably just use the same 2-4 of them all game with Inconsequential Losses).

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

What about space in the deck? ZiMH, BFiS1v and DiPO? Or combat response with Boba Fett v and Guri?

Bib Fortuna
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Bib Fortuna »

If you’re going with QOv, Elis + Wooof would be a decent space package. And you could also go with Space Cruiser + young Thrawn to reinforce the space package.

Also, is this a good place to gripe about Gemp’s filtering system? When I look for “Hutt,” it also shows me any characters who have “shuttle” in their lore. I don’t think Captain Khurgee would fit into a SC deck.
They fly now!

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Can you search for “Hutt “ (with a space after the second T?). Assuming gemp searches for the space, it should help.

Saladas

Post by Saladas »

chriskelly wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 9:41 pm
Can you search for “Hutt “ (with a space after the second T?). Assuming gemp searches for the space, it should help.
same thing when searching for "han". stuff with "hand" always comes up.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

In which tier do you see this deck starting? Is it instantly competitive at the highest levels?

Madmanwithabox
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by Madmanwithabox »

Mando wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:21 pm
In which tier do you see this deck starting? Is it instantly competitive at the highest levels?
If piloted well, it’s definitely at least 1.5, it can do decent damage, and is quite resilient.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Saladas wrote:
chriskelly wrote:
I used to think grand moff tarkin was an Isb agent because it came up in the search. Turns out it has something like “disband” in lore if memory serves

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Saladas wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 12:10 am
chriskelly wrote:
In Scomp Link Access you can do multiple search criteria:
-Lore contains Hutt
AND
-Lore doesn't contain shuttle

Same thing for Han/Hand. Only problem is you need to know what you're trying to exclude.
Greg Zinn

Hazardville
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

Gergall wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 5:21 pm
Saladas wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 12:10 am
chriskelly wrote:
In Scomp Link Access you can do multiple search criteria:
-Lore contains Hutt
AND
-Lore doesn't contain shuttle

Same thing for Han/Hand. Only problem is you need to know what you're trying to exclude.
Sounds like the search will NOT look for the space after the word though ("Hutt" vs. "Hutt "), correct?
Justin Miyashiro

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

technically you want to put the space before the word so you don't exclude punctuation after "hutt" etc
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Mando
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Mando »

Anyone willing to post a rough deck list for this objective? I’ve made three different lists, but none of them look as strong as I think this deck should be.

Return to “Deck Discussion”