Booster Pack
GEMP Username: dillen

Re: 25th World Championship- Final Schedule & Information

Post by dillen »

imrahil327 wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 6:45 am

IMPORTANT DATES

-November 25, 11:59 PM EST: Registration closes
-November 27: Heat information is posted: a roster for each heat, as well as whether any heats have been removed or added
-December 4, 12:01 AM EST: All Day 1 decklists (for all heats) are due to decklists@starwarsccg.org
-December 5 & 6: Day 1 Heats (see below)
-December 11, 12:01 AM EST: All Day 2 decklists are due to decklists@starwarsccg.org
-December 12, 10:00 AM EST: Day 2 games begin
-December 13, 9:00 AM EST: All Day 3 decklists are due to decklists@starwarsccg.org
-December 13, 9:00 AM EST: Day 3 matchups are drawn
-December 13, 10:00 AM EST: Day 3 games begin
Shouldnt heat information be posted yesterday?

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

arebelspy wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 3:36 am
Death Star wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 2:19 am
In theory, you could continue counting SOS from your day 1 opponents that also advanced but I hope thats not whats happening.
That wouldn't come out "even" for people who had more opponents advance, or not. Plus people change decks, etc. so the situation is different a week later; I agree that the SOS's should be combined, rather than "continued."

All 4-2s on day 2 should start at the same place, ditto all 5-1s, etc., with 0 SOS on the day. Then later combine it with their previous one.
Agree with adding day 2 "fresh" sos to day 1 sos.

Also agree that posting lists after day 1 is the most fair approach.
Gregory Shaw

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

stealtheblind wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 9:02 am
arebelspy wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 3:36 am
Death Star wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 2:19 am
In theory, you could continue counting SOS from your day 1 opponents that also advanced but I hope thats not whats happening.
That wouldn't come out "even" for people who had more opponents advance, or not. Plus people change decks, etc. so the situation is different a week later; I agree that the SOS's should be combined, rather than "continued."

All 4-2s on day 2 should start at the same place, ditto all 5-1s, etc., with 0 SOS on the day. Then later combine it with their previous one.
Agree with adding day 2 "fresh" sos to day 1 sos.

Also agree that posting lists after day 1 is the most fair approach.
If the three guys in this quote can send me their lists by Thursday I will ensure they are posted after Day 1.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Dude, you're the one coming up with my lists, remember?

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

imrahil327 wrote:

IMPORTANT DATES

-December 4, 12:01 AM EST: All Day 1 decklists (for all heats) are due to decklists@starwarsccg.org
TacoBill wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 9:42 am
Remember, all decklists will be due by Friday, December 4th at 11:59 EST.
Wat?

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Post by CRG »

So lists are due before Road To Worlds ends?
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

Hayes wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 12:59 pm
imrahil327 wrote:

IMPORTANT DATES

TacoBill wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 9:42 am
Remember, all decklists will be due by Friday, December 4th at 11:59 EST.
Wat?
Can we please get the deadline fixed? Going from 9pm Friday to 9pm Thursday (Pacific time zone) is actually rather complicating. That means that I have to finish my lists by Wednesday to be safe.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Disagree to move deadline because of time zone. Meaning 12:01am EST or 11:59pm EST to 3:01am EST or 2:59pm EST.

What people don't realize is that for online majors, we have a lot of prep that goes on at all times. For TMW I stayed up until all deck lists were submitted. So that way I didn't have to wake up and figure out penalties for those that were late. I didn't have to sort by pods for deck checks with last minute additions. It made it far easier on tournament day to have everything ready to go. It isn't fair to tournament staff to have to sacrifice even more sleep to accommodate this request.

For MPC/TMW we did deadline on Friday not Thursday. For consistency, I'd say we keep it on Friday but if it causes too much for the tournament staff with the 4am start time for first heat, that seems reasonable to move it back a day as it was announced in advance.

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

That work is certainly appreciated! No one has to stay up until the first minute of Friday morning in California for this; it is easily assessed later Friday morning when folks awake of natural causes. It's not like someone is going to be sitting there at 12:01 am handing out penalties 28 hours before the first heat.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

rhendon wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 9:45 pm
It isn't fair to tournament staff to have to sacrifice even more sleep to accommodate this request.

For MPC/TMW we did deadline on Friday not Thursday. For consistency, I'd say we keep it on Friday but if it causes too much for the tournament staff with the 4am start time for first heat, that seems reasonable to move it back a day as it was announced in advance.
Totally reasonable, and as a benefit, the moving it to a day earlier means no one needs to stay up like you did (thanks!), but instead can sleep, and still have all day Friday to look at stuff (likely when they would anyways, rather than at midnight eastern).

Hazardville
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

arebelspy wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 1:20 am
rhendon wrote:
It isn't fair to tournament staff to have to sacrifice even more sleep to accommodate this request.

Totally reasonable, and as a benefit, the moving it to a day earlier means no one needs to stay up like you did (thanks!), but instead can sleep, and still have all day Friday to look at stuff (likely when they would anyways, rather than at midnight eastern).
My thought exactly. Seems like the Thursday evening time splits the difference nicely but moving the deadline to 11:59pm Pacific instead of 11:59 Eastern/8:59 Pacific doesn't change anything for the tournament staff but might make a significant difference for the players.

It doesn't hurt that my Thursday and Friday evenings are usually booked full so I can't really use that extra deckbuilding time anyway :).
Justin Miyashiro

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

arebelspy wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 1:20 am
rhendon wrote:

That's fair Joe. I think that is an ok compromise. That gives them the extra full day on Friday to organize it.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

What is the fair compromise mentioned here? Wednesday night, 11:59 PM (so essentially Thursday? People would rather have a full day cut off? That feels like the wrong thing to do with less than a week until the event.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Hazardville
GEMP Username: Jagteq

Post by Hazardville »

imrahil327 wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 2:14 am
What is the fair compromise mentioned here? Wednesday night, 11:59 PM (so essentially Thursday? People would rather have a full day cut off? That feels like the wrong thing to do with less than a week until the event.
The fair compromise is to have decks due Thursday night into Friday, which matches a previous announcement (I think? Feels like they've changed a bunch). Our suggestion is to set that time at 11:59pm Pacific Time Thursday Dec 3rd (which will be sometime on Friday Dec 4th for most everyone else).

Unless I've misread people, there didn't seem to be much opposition to that.
Justin Miyashiro

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Compromise isn't even the word I'd use. It's just "decklists are due Thursday night, midnight" and a few people are requesting that said midnight is pst instead of est. Still 28 hours before the event. If it's no because some people view it as caving to whiners, okay. I can see that. If it's yes, because that doesn't really impact anyone negatively and helps a few people, cool. I don't see why changing it to add 3 hours to the deadline now, 5 days before, would bother anyone, but a policy of "we aren't changing anything else, it's already done" is reasonable.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

imrahil327 wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 2:14 am
It is what Joe posted above. Basically deck lists are due by Midnight (or 11:59/12:01 whatever) PST rather than EST on Thursday night. So 3amish Friday morning for EST folks. Still 25 hours before event goes live at 4am + gives times for volunteers to organize decks and get ready for checks and stuff. Little difference for most people but it would also allow deadline for some of Europe to be at 9am so allows them to wake up and submit if they choose.

itcouldbewirfs
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by itcouldbewirfs »

Just saw this debate about changing decklist due date to Thursday.

If you do this, make sure you e-mail all the participants because not everyone is continuously checking the forums.

It seems a bit late for this change either way honestly. Priority should be on getting the rules out. It looks like we have a lot of first timers signed up.
Chris Wirfs

It's Wirfs!

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

itcouldbewirfs wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 5:24 pm

If you do this, make sure you e-mail all the participants because not everyone is continuously checking the forums.

It seems a bit late for this change either way honestly. Priority should be on getting the rules out. It looks like we have a lot of first timers signed up.
Yep, rules post will be going up in the next day or so.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Death Star
DS Region: Ralltiir
DS Region: Ralltiir
GEMP Username: zlorfik

Post by Death Star »

itcouldbewirfs wrote:

The due date for decklists has always been thursday. It had just not been communicated explicitely apart from the list of dates.
I had not been aware until recently and assumed friday night like probably a couple of other people, but the discussed change is to move back the due date to give you west coasters 3 hours more time. Nothing wrong with this.

I can imagine though that a few mails will have to go out on early friday for those who are not regularly reading the forums and missed the deadline.
"i know it won worlds,but it can't win anything in the local meta of michigan.we paly card for card what you ahve and still don't win"

My favorite decktech review on one of my decks.
ImageImage

itcouldbewirfs
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by itcouldbewirfs »

Death Star wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 5:38 pm
itcouldbewirfs wrote:

The due date for decklists has always been thursday. It had just not been communicated explicitely apart from the list of dates.
I had not been aware until recently and assumed friday night like probably a couple of other people, but the discussed change is to move back the due date to give you west coasters 3 hours more time. Nothing wrong with this.

I can imagine though that a few mails will have to go out on early friday for those who are not regularly reading the forums and missed the deadline.

Ah yes, I think I was confused by Hayes' post with Taco Bill's quote.
Chris Wirfs

It's Wirfs!

Return to “2020 World Championship”