Premiere blue

Learn about rarity, unusual swccg items, and more!
ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Post by ShadowLeader »

i own you06 wrote:can you use the Com Luke in a darkside deck if its got the dark background???
NO! A printing error doesn't overrule gameplay. SAME goes for Anakin's Lightsaber... NO! you can't deploy it on Vader!

I hope you weren't serious when you asked this question.. :)

Jim Colson
PC Advocate Gold 5, Ambassador, Rider of Rohan(all retired)
" I was there", from the beginning, to the bitter end :(
Director of Card Games - Dragon*Con 2005-2018

The Franchise

Re: Premiere blue

Post by The Franchise »

ShadowLeader wrote: I had a Japanese guy at GenCon go bonkers for some of them, but we never came to a final trade deal. As I was too busy with events..
someone told me he lived in your basement like the gimp in pulp fiction- can you confirm or deny this rumour?
V set 6 and 7 release rountable analysis with Reid, Carulli and myself:

https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... =2&t=64906

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Post by ShadowLeader »

Brad Eier wrote:
ShadowLeader wrote: I had a Japanese guy at GenCon go bonkers for some of them, but we never came to a final trade deal. As I was too busy with events..
someone told me he lived in your basement like the gimp in pulp fiction- can you confirm or deny this rumour?
Good one Brad! :lol: I do have to admit to a heavy chuckle when I read this.

"I officially deny all rumors." :P
Jim Colson

Jarrstin
Starter
Starter

Post by Jarrstin »

I have a DS Anakin's Lightsaber. Can I use it in an opaque sleeve and play it as normal?

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Post by ShadowLeader »

Jarrstin wrote:I have a DS Anakin's Lightsaber. Can I use it in an opaque sleeve and play it as normal?
How about this...

I'll trade you for a legal one.. Thus ending your quandry... :D
Jim Colson

SirYoda
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by SirYoda »

ShadowLeader wrote:How about this...

I'll trade you for a legal one.. Thus ending your quandry... :D
You'd better take it! That's probably the best offer you'll get out of Jim Colson. ;)
STEVEN LEWIS
James Paul Booker wrote:Steve Lewis came in like Winston Wolfe and pulled out a wad of cash...

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Would it be possible for someone with a "Premiere blue" card to post a picture? Thank you in advance.

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Post by ShadowLeader »

Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:Would it be possible for someone with a "Premiere blue" card to post a picture? Thank you in advance.
WOW!!... I reckon that was big! Maybe I'll try again with a smaller image...

<DELETED previous HUGE image>
Last edited by ShadowLeader on November 10th, 2006, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Colson

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Jim, those just look really faded, we wanted to see blue cards, not the ones you left out in the sun to make tracking using clear back sleeves easier.

ch33tor:)
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Post by ShadowLeader »

One of each color variation w/ original color
Attachments
SWCCG-blue2.jpg
swccg-blue2
SWCCG-blue2.jpg (44.83 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
swccg-blue2
swccg-blue2
SWCCG-blue2.jpg (44.83 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
Jim Colson

ShadowLeader
Collecting Advocate

Post by ShadowLeader »

deadbody wrote:Jim, those just look really faded, we wanted to see blue cards, not the ones you left out in the sun to make tracking using clear back sleeves easier.

ch33tor:)
Funny.. :lol: , That's what happens with the printer runs out of Yellow ink. (I wonder if there is a correlation... hmmm... Yellow Ink....Sunshine??)

So, we now know how come printing errors... aren't worth too much other than 'novelty' collecting. Because with a good dose of "SunShine" or other shimmer, you can 'fake' a bad printers job. Lesson here... Don't spend alot of money on buying/collecting stuff like this. Fortunately, I watched these come from packs.
Jim Colson

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Very cool. Thanks Jim! The Luke Seeker looks like a defensive shield... my goodness, lets never hope THAT happens. :)

mithrandir
Starter
Starter

thanks!

Post by mithrandir »

thanks for all the responses and the pictures!
I have a Red 2 and some others that are not so extreme. I may have a "red" DS card that is similar to the degree of the one you posted - although I hadn't though about or noticed the shades as much on the Dark side cards.
cheers!

lithy
Starter
Starter

Post by lithy »

So, this is a suuuuuuuper old thread, but I figure it would be better to post here than to start a new thread.

I came across a Massassi Throne Room in some recent cards I got and it was so off it made me say, huh. But, then again, there seems to be a lot of variation as I look through piles of Premiere, colors are lighter, then darker, text is thicker, then thinner, then fuzzy, cuts are all over the place. Just seems like QC wasn't optimized early on.

I'm wondering if this card is just a standard variation in print quality or if this falls in line with what is called Premiere Blue. Just how blue are we talking? It seems like the only picture posted here is a dead link now.

Let's see if what I'm seeing comes across in a picture.
Spoiler
Show

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I haven't done a ton of research but I'm not even sure light side premiere blue is a thing. I mean, I have seen all sorts of ink variations on Lukes over the years, for example, but nothing as stark as what seem to be what people really mean when they refer to Premiere Blue, like a Turbolaser Battery I have that is colored more like a Defensive Shield than a weapon. I've seen some mains recently on eBay (LS) described as premiere blue and to me they just look like run of the mill color variation.

I guess the bottom line, I would say, is that if you can't tell the color is quite off when looking at it on its own, then it's not worth considering to be a special color error.
Eric Garchow
My Trade Thread
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
Donate to Meals on Wheels and get free SWCCG boosters and other stuff

ConnorPsh
Starter
Starter

Post by ConnorPsh »

I think one of the issues is that people combine serious premiere blue (where the cards look like shields) and minor tinting into the same category. I've had some LS blu-ish cards in the past, but I wasn't able to get anything extra for em on eBay, and the tint wasn't super noticeable. Not sure if the heavy blue cards exist for light side
Connor P :popcrn:

Returning collector, gameplay illiterate

lithy
Starter
Starter

Post by lithy »

Not trying to argue that my card should be worth anything because it shouldn't be, but I do have a tough time believing that this issue only affected DS sheets. That would be odd right?

I can only suspect that the the mottled design used for light side green/red/blue cards and light side characters and light and dark locations with lots of grey would show it less, while the solid colored DS cards especially weapons would show it the most. I did actually find a document called Collecting-Encyclopedia-2.pdf that has some scans and sure enough it only shows DS, although I would say the character and the red card look to be within what I would call a pretty normal range of color, only the weapon really stands out.

Interesting stuff either way.

ConnorPsh
Starter
Starter

Post by ConnorPsh »

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I was just stating my experience when it comes to selling. I'd assume they affected both, but it would make sense that the DS cards would be more pronounced because of the extra ink used. That collecting encyclopedia is great by the way, it's like my collecting Bible lol. Still wish it went into more detail with this kind of stuff, along with reflections gold.
Connor P :popcrn:

Returning collector, gameplay illiterate

AdmiralMotti89
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

lithy wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 6:40 pm
Not trying to argue that my card should be worth anything because it shouldn't be, but I do have a tough time believing that this issue only affected DS sheets. That would be odd right?
Honestly it would seem more odd if it affected both. LS and DS were printed on separate sheets, and I doubt they printed a DS sheet, then a LS sheet, then a DS sheet. It It seems unlikely that the same (rare) mistake would happen again with the same color running out for the LS sheets, especially since LS would probably use less ink for each sheet.

That said, I've seen plenty of ink variation is Premiere, LS and DS. And Premiere Blue is quite stark compared to the minor variations I see on LS. It's far beyond just the different DS/LS card styles.

I can't guarantee it, but I don't think there are any particularly special ink tone variations for LS Premiere.
Eric Garchow
My Trade Thread
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
Donate to Meals on Wheels and get free SWCCG boosters and other stuff

mlock
Starter
Starter

Post by mlock »

I've only ever seen Rare Dark Side Premiere blue cards. Here is my only one, Djas Puhr:

Return to “SWCCG Collecting Forum”